New Zealand Immigration Advice

If you wish to apply for a New Zealand visa there are three primary ways to do this:

1. Complete the application kind yourself

You may choose the visa you want using the Immigration website and full the application form your self with the knowledge provided by Immigration New Zealand.

Each visa type has an utility form and accompanying guide. We recommend you read the guide earlier than trying to complete the applying form.

Don’t fear for those who get stuck alongside the best way; you may contact Immigration New Zealand for help.

2. Have interaction a licensed immigration adviser

You may interact a licensed immigration adviser to help you together with your visa utility however they will need to have a current licence.

Received a letter from case officer immigration nz person who provides New Zealand immigration advice without being licensed or exempt commits an offence.

Earlier than partaking an adviser, check the register of licensed immigration advisers to make sure the person you’re participating has a sound immigration adviser licence. Check the licence expiry date and type of licence (some advisers could solely be able to advise on restricted areas).

The Authorities’s Immigration Advisers Authority provides info on who may give New Zealand immigration advice and explains tips on how to complain if you’re unhappy. In addition they present a useful information about Licensed Immigration Advisers.

Should you’ve any issue finding a licensed immigration adviser or complaining about one, you’ll be able to contact the Immigration Advisers Authority directly. The Authority is chargeable for licensing immigration advisers, receiving complaints and taking action in opposition to those giving immigration advice without a licence.

3. Engage someone who’s exempt from the license necessities

You may also search immigration advice from people who find themselves exempt from the requirement to hold a licence.

Outside New Zealand this exemption includes:

education agents who’re only permitted to offer immigration advice on student visas

legal professionals with a current New Zealand practising certificate

overseas diplomats and consular staff

workers of the New Zealand Government who provide immigration advice as a part of their job.

In New Zealand this exemption consists of:

attorneys with a present New Zealand practising certificates

members of Parliament and their employees who present immigration advice as a part of their jobs

government employees who give immigration advice as part of their jobs

volunteers at Neighborhood Legislation Centres or Residents Advice Bureau.

The Regulation Society netsite may help you discover a lawyer or legal agency or check that your present lawyer has a current New Zealand practising certificate.